Town & Country has worked diligently, taking precautions to maintain the wellness and safety of our residents and staff and it has paid off with zero resident cases of Covid-19 in our entire community—including our skilled nursing center!
View updates and precautions here. Please check back for our updates.
Please know that safeguarding the health, wellness and safety of Town & Country residents, staff and visitors remains our top priority.
We are taking steps to help prevent illness and avoid spreading illness to others:
- Restricting all visitors unless medically necessary or in end of life situations.
- Temporarily closing the buffet and table service in the dining room and offering meal delivery for all residents.
- Canceling all group activities and outings.
- Cleaning common areas and high-touch objects and surfaces with bleach 3x daily.
- Requiring all employees and necessary visitors to sanitize their hands, have their temperature taken and complete a screening questionnaire at the front desk.
- Providing staff to do errands for residents (to replace shopping outings).
In our Skilled Nursing care center we are:
- Having new patients tested upon admission.
- New patients are given a private room for the first 14 days to ensure that any communicable illness does not spread to current patients.
- Town & Country has partnered with UCI, a teaching hospital, and OC Public Health on new initiatives Project Shield,
- Project Clean and Stop COVID-19 to elevate the education of our staff on cleaning, hygiene, safety protocols and infection control.
- We are in regular communication with our local hospitals to ensure that we are up-to-date and prepared to respond to new patient needs.
- We have developed a thorough plan in conjunction with state and federal agencies to be able to safely care for and quarantine any patients who test positive for COVID-19.